What should I do if I see a wild animal in the City of West Fargo?

During the winter months, it is normal to see wildlife like coyotes, rabbits and deer, traveling along the Sheyenne River south of Interstate 94. If you spot one of these animals, remember to:

  • Avoid them.
  • Do not attempt to trap or harm them.
  • Call the North Dakota Game and Fish Department at 701-328-6613 if they appear to have health issues.
  • Call 9-1-1 if the animal is posing an immediate public safety threat.
  • Follow the City of West Fargo leash laws to protect your pets and don’t leave small dogs and cats unattended outside.
  • Do not feed prey animals, like wild turkeys, that are a food source for the predators.
  • Don’t leave dog food or other sources of food outside.
  • If it is safe to do so, yell and wave your arms at the animals so they remain wary of humans

Show All Answers

1. Where do I look to see if I have a warrant?
2. How do I get fingerprints for a job or license requirement?
3. I want to buy something through MarketPlace, where is a safe space to do that?
4. My pet is missing, who do I call?
5. Can we bring our group to the Police Department for a tour?
6. How do I know if I'm being scammed?
7. How do I apply for a restraining order?
8. How do I evict a tenant from a property I own?
9. What can I do if someone is harassing me?
10. Do you have a tip line?
11. Can the police department be called for an unruly child?
12. What should I do if I believe someone may be using/selling drugs?
13. Why did it take so long for the police to arrive when I called them?
14. I am interested in a ride along with an officer, who do I call?
15. What should I do if I see a wild animal in the City of West Fargo?
16. Are there volunteer opportunities with the West Fargo Police Department?
17. Who should I contact to start a neighborhood watch program?