Summer Boost 2021
The West Fargo Public Library's summer reading program is now called Summer Boost! We have expanded our popular program to include more objectives and opportunities for all ages and to incorporate the Little Red Reading Bus. The 2021 program ran June 1 - July 31, 2021. Check out our Summer Boost 2021 Impact Report for more information.
Summer Boost 2021 is made up of three things:
1. Reading Challenges for all ages - Keep track of how many hours you've read on Beanstack! As you reach milestones you will earn rewards from local businesses. People of all ages can track their reading hours in Beanstack as we have challenges for all ages. Reading alone, with an adult or being read to counts too! Adults and teens are also invited to track their reading and participation hours in Beanstack to earn prizes. Be sure to get your hours into Beanstack before July 31 to be eligible for your rewards!
2. Events and programs all summer long - Take a look at our calendar for our complete list of summer events and programs. We have events for all ages, even adults! This year's theme is Tails & Tales, so many of our events are focused on learning about and celebrating our feathered, furry and even slimy animal friends. Summer Boost activities for children will improve reading, incorporate play and provide materials for use at home. Summer Boost also has opportunities for teens and adults to keep their brains active and engage with the community while fostering skills, interests and hobbies. Activities for adults will have a DIY focus and provide an opportunity to try new things, like gardening and small-scale woodworking. Teen events will provide an outlet to express creativity and build crafting and maker skills.
3. Little Red Reading Bus route - The Little Red Reading Bus is now a service of the West Fargo Public Library. Check out the full schedule of Little Red Reading Bus stops this summer at thelittleredreadingbus.com and be sure to come visit the bus to read, play and create with us at your favorite local parks. Patrons do not need to be signed up for the online challenge to participate in library events or visit the Little Red Reading Bus.
Watch this video to learn more about Summer Boost:
Why Summer Boost?
Reading and learning during the summer has been proven to benefit children as they return to school in the fall. Even a small amount of reading, just fifteen minutes a day, can be a great help to stop the "summer slide" — learning loss that occurs when children are out of school in the summer. The Summer Boost program at the West Fargo Public Library works to encourage children to continue reading and learning all summer long, so they enter the new school year ready to learn. Summer Boost takes all the elements you love from the library's past summer reading programs and elevates it to include even more fun for all ages.
How to Register on Beanstack (video)
2021 Summer Boost Program Sponsors
- Bank of North Dakota
- Friends of the West Fargo Public Library
- Jimmy John's
- Nothing Bundt Cakes
- Ole & Lena's
- Sandy's Donuts
- Skate City
- Spicy Pie
- Thunder Coffee
- Thunder Road
- West Fargo Public Schools
Summer Boost Program Partners
- WFPL Mobile Library Task Force
- Alanna Rerick, Library Board President
- Bernie Dardis, Commission President
- West Fargo Police Department
- North Dakota Parks & Recreation
- Dakota Audubon Society
- Maggie Christie, FargoMoorheadRocks
- NDSU Saddle and Sirloin Club
- MSUM Planetarium
- West Fargo Events
- West Fargo Parks Department
- West Fargo Educational Foundation
- Great Plains Food Bank