- Where is the West Fargo Public Library?
The West Fargo Public Library is located at:
215 Third St. E., West Fargo, ND 58078
- When is the West Fargo Public Library open?
The library is open the following hours:
Monday - Thursday
10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
1 - 5 p.m. (Not open Sundays Memorial Day through Labor Day)
- Is the West Fargo Public Library a part of the Fargo Public Library?
No. The West Fargo Public Library is not a part of the Fargo Public Library.
The West Fargo Public Library is its own entity that primarily serves residents of the city of West Fargo and people who live within the West Fargo Public School District. Because all libraries in our metro area operate separately from one another, items checked out from any library should be returned to that library.
- Who can get a West Fargo Public Library card?
West Fargo Public Library cards are issued to the following people free of charge:
- residents of West Fargo
- residents of the West Fargo school district (including Horace, Harwood and parts of Fargo)
- West Fargo property owners
- employees of the West Fargo school district
- employees of the City of West Fargo Residents of Fargo and Moorhead may obtain a card at no charge if they present a library card from either the Fargo Public Library or Lake Agassiz Regional Library (LARL). Others may obtain borrowing privileges for a $5.00 annual fee.
Residents of Fargo and Moorhead may obtain a card at no charge IF they present a library card from their home library (either the Fargo Public Library or Lake Agassiz Regional Library.) Others can obtain a card for $5.00.
Please note: West Fargo Public School students in grades 6 and above are able to use their Student ID as a West Fargo Public Library card if their parent/guardian opts in to the program. Learn more about this partnership with the West Fargo Public School district here.
- How do I get a West Fargo Library card?
Application forms (PDF) can be downloaded and printed or pick one up at the Service Desk. All print applications must be signed and submitted in person at the Library Service Desk, along with identification and proof of address.
You can also register for a card online using our Online Library Card Application Form, however, you must wait for your physical card to arrive via mail before borrowing materials.
- Why do I need a West Fargo Library card?
A West Fargo Public Library card allows you to borrow physical and digital materials from the West Fargo Public Library, use online databases and resources, use library computers, check out books from the Little Red Reading Bus, and more.
- Can I receive library notices via email?
Yes, notices regarding your account (overdue, hold requests, etc.) can be sent by email. Please sign up for this service at the library service desk.
To sign up for emails regarding upcoming events, service changes and library news click here.
- What’s the password for my account?
The default password for your library account is your last name. If you have problems signing into your account, please contact library staff by calling 701-515-5200.
- How many items may I check out at a time?
Most West Fargo Library cardholders are able to check out 50 items at a time, including 15 movies (DVD or Blu-Ray) and 1 each of special items such as an iPad, children's tablet, State Parks Pass, etc.
Click here to view our Circulation Limits, Loan Periods, Late Fines and Related Charges Policy
- Where can I return books when the West Fargo Library is closed?
The library has three outside book drops where you can return books.
- One is located outside the entrance to the library at 215 Third St. E., West Fargo.
- The second is located inside Cash Wise at 755 33rd Ave. E., West Fargo.
- The third is located at Eagle Run Plaza at the corner of 32nd Ave. S. and Sheyenne Street.
Please note: These drop boxes are for returning West Fargo Public Library materials only. Please do not place garbage, personal belongings or items from other libraries (Fargo, Moorhead, school libraries, etc.) in West Fargo Public Library drop boxes. Please contact the library you checked your items out from for their drop box locations.
- Can I return Fargo Public Library books to the West Fargo Public Library?
No. You should ONLY use West Fargo Public Library book drop boxes to return items you have borrowed from the West Fargo Public Library or the Little Red Reading Bus of West Fargo.
- Can I reserve a meeting room at the West Fargo Library?
The West Fargo Public Library has two meeting rooms available for public reservation during library business hours. Members of the public can reserve a room in advance by filling out a Meeting Room Application Form. Meeting rooms are available at no charge for educational, cultural, or charitable activities.
The library's meeting rooms rooms measure approximately 30 feet by 15 feet and will hold up to 30 individuals. Furnishings vary, but they may be furnished with tables, chairs and projection equipment.
The meeting rooms must be reserved in advance. Please read our Meeting Room Policy (PDF) to ensure your group is eligible to reserve a meeting room.
Ready to reserve a room? Fill out our Meeting Room Application Form or visit the service desk at the library for a paper application.
Filling out an application does not mean the room reservation is complete. A member of library staff will reach out to applicants to approve or deny the reservation, discuss next steps and any applicable fees.
- What if I lose my library card?
Please report all lost or stolen cards immediately. You will be responsible for any items checked out on your card unless you have notified the library that it is missing.
Replacement cards are available to replace a lost card for a $1.00 fee. Damaged cards may be replaced at no charge.
- Does the library offer group tours?
Yes! Please call the library at 701-515-5200 to set up a tour for your group.