If you are looking for a specific book which the West Fargo Public Library does not own, we may be able to borrow it for you from another library.
Interlibrary loan is available to West Fargo and West Fargo school district residents with library cards in good standing. Card holders are allowed a total of 30 items checked out per card, this total includes interlibrary loan items. Please ask for an interlibrary loan request form at the Service Desk in the library. There is no fee for this service, however, fines are charged for items which are returned late or not picked up.
How to Request
To request an item, you will need to know the book’s title and author. Your library card number is also required. Other information, such as the publication date, publishing company, or international standard book number (ISBN) are helpful, but not required. You will be notified by telephone or email (if you've provided your email address to the library) when the item arrives, and we ask that you pick it up at the library within one week of notification.
Online Catalog Request
Interlibrary loans can also be requested through the online catalog:
- From homepage of the West Fargo Public Library website, click on "My Library Account".
- Enter your 14-digit library card number, located on the back of your West Fargo Public Library card, in the Library Barcode or NDUS Account field.
- Enter your last name in the Password field.
- On the search bar, click on the "All ODIN Libraries" tab.
- Type in a keyword, title, or author and click "Search". Refine the search as you wish.
- Click the "Request" tab below an item.
- A box will appear where you can enter the date in MM/DD/YY format that you need the item by. (Contact the Service Desk 701-433-5460 if you need help choosing this date.) Leave the "No" box checked on the line that asks if you are willing to pay for the interlibrary loan. This will not prevent you from requesting the item. Click on "Request".
- Read and acknowledge the copyright statement.
- You will be notified by telephone or email when the item is available for pickup.
Interlibrary loan items obtained through us must be returned to the West Fargo Public Library. Interlibrary loan items may be renewable. Renewal requests must be submitted to the West Fargo Public Library in person or by phone at 701-433-5460 at least 3 business days (this does not include weekends and holidays) before the item is due. You will be notified if the item is renewed.