Employee of the Year
West Fargo Police Awards
Employees of the West Fargo Police Department are frequently awarded for their excellent service. The West Fargo Exchange Club (and previously the West Fargo Area Exchange Club) has given an annual award to police employees since 1998. Other organizations have equally supported and recognized employees.
Police Department Employee of the Year Award
Each year the West Fargo Exchange Club selects an employee of the year based on the following standards:
- Candidate has shown outstanding skills associated with law enforcement
- Candidate exemplifies a positive attitude toward the city
- Candidate exemplifies citizenship through community involvement
- Candidate is recognized and respected by his / her peers and the community
The winner receives this award an Exchange meeting in May of each year. The employee also is the guest of honor and is in the annual West Fest Parade in September.
Recommendations are made by fellow employees and those are reviewed by the West Fargo Exchange Club which selects one.
Formerly, this award was selected and presented by the West Fargo Area Chamber of Commerce before its merger with The Chamber in 2010.
- 1998 / 1999: Terry Styf
- 1999 / 2000: Don Jones
- 2000 / 2001: Eric Wiinanen
- 2001 / 2002: Mike Reitan
- 2002 / 2003: Doug Mack
- 2003 / 2004: Al Schmidt
- 2004 / 2005: Brad Berg
- 2005 / 2006: Toshia Shaw
- 2006 / 2007: Phil Roquette
- 2007 / 2008: Pete Nielsen
- 2008 / 2009: Chris Sandeen
- 2009 / 2010: Derek Cruff
- 2010 / 2011: Stacy Dawkins
- 2011 / 2012: Rhonda Jorgensen
- 2012 / 2013: Greg Warren
- 2013 / 2014: Duane Sall
- 2014 / 2015: Arland Rasmussen
- 2015 / 2016: Margy Larson
- 2016 / 2017: Trent Stanton
- 2017 / 2018: Gary Bommersbach